This Sunday, 20th September, we are excited to be reopening our church building for public worship!
We have conducted a thorough risk assessment and will do our best to implement the government guidelines. Please read through the details below and let us know if you have any questions.
Also, if you want to attend the service, please be sure to let us know so that we can make sure we have space for you.
As we begin meeting again as a church, here are a few guidelines that we are asking everyone to follow. These guidelines are based upon the government’s COVID-19 Guidance for the Safe Use of Places of Worship During the Pandemic. These guidelines are subject to change. To stay up to date, please check out www.downhambaptist.org or sign up to receive email updates from the church here http://eepurl.com/glKRvv.
- Sunday: We will resume public worship in our building on Sunday 20th September 2020. Until further notice, we will have a combined Bible study for all ages at 10.45am in the main hall and then a worship service at 11.30am.
- Wednesday: Our midweek Bible study will also take place in the building at 7pm starting Wednesday 23rd September 2020.
- Online: For those who are feeling unwell, vulnerable, or have been advised to shield, we will be live streaming our Sunday morning message and Wednesday night Bible study on www.youtube.com/c/DownhambaptistOrgLondon. The live streams will also be available after the services to watch later.
- Please do not attend if you have a new continuous cough, a high temperature, a loss of or change in your normal sense of smell or taste.
- Face coverings are to be worn at all times inside the building unless you have an exemption or are under the age of 11. We will have some spare masks for any that need it, but please try to bring your own masks. Those who are speaking or singing at the front will not be required to wear a facemask.
- Chairs will be put in groups (for households) 2m apart from other household groups. Please strive to maintain 2m of space between you and others at all times. We ask that you do not leave your seats the entire time you are in the building unless it is to go to the toilet or you have been requested to help in some way by the church leaders.
- Seating is limited, so please book your seats in advance by texting Pastor Travis on 07772 206876 before noon on Saturday. Please give your name and the number of people coming with you.
- Toilets at the church should only be used in an emergency and cleaned, by the user, immediately afterwards.
- Young children should be supervised by their parent or guardian at all times. If your children are not able to maintain social distancing, then we would kindly ask you to refrain from attending services at this time.
- Depending on the weather, we may have the windows open for ventilation, so please bring a coat if it’s a chilly day.
- Until further notice, no refreshments will be served after the service.
- Please bring your own Bibles, as we will not be sharing the church Bibles for hygiene reasons.
- The duration of services will be limited to 45 minutes.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at various points in the church. Please wash your hands or use hand sanitiser as you enter and leave the building.
- Unfortunately, congregational singing is not allowed, though we hope to have some special music as people volunteer.
- Offerings will be collected on the day by stewards wearing face coverings. When giving your offering, please drop into the bag and refrain from handling the bag or its handles. (You can also give online at www.downhambaptist.org/give or via bank transfer. Contact us if you’d like our church bank details.)
- Any visitors will be asked to give their name and telephone number (in case of a COVID outbreak). These details will be deleted after 21 days.
- Departure out of the main hall at the end of the service will be phased in groups to avoid overcrowding in the main entrance. If you desire to talk with others after the service, please maintain social distancing and, where possible, do so outside.