How’s it going folks? (Just changing my weekly greeting). Thank you all so much for your continued support in prayer. Here’s a a bit of an update of the week just gone.
On Tuesday, Sam and Travis were up in Colchester labouring for the gospel’s sake and for the glory of the Lord Jesus. We want to praise and thank the Lord that we have established a good relationship with the Essex University Christian Union. We look forward to working alongside them and being a blessing to them.
On Wednesday night, we continued our weekly Bible Study where Travis took us through Revelation 10. We recognise that the current petrol crisis has had an effect on us all, and we understand that it’s difficult for people to travel at the moment – we lift this situation to the Lord in prayer. In the meantime, if you are unable to join us for our meetings, we do encourage you to catch the livestream on YouTube.
Here’s what’s happening over the weekend:
- On Saturday (tomorrow), we have our Bible Institute at 9:00 AM. I’ll be teaching Pneumatology (doctrine of the Holy Spirit) at 9:00 AM, followed by Sam’s class on Biblical Missions at 10:00AM. Then we have our weekly Outreach at 11:15 AM.
- On Sunday, we have our Small Groups at 10:30 AM, followed by our Morning Worship Service at 11:30 AM. After the service, we have a baby shower for Jasmine Thomas. This is a great opportunity for us to continue fellowship and bless one another. The ladies will do their thing in the main hall, while the men will either watch a movie in the back room or play football in the field.
- On Sunday evening at 5:00 PM, we have our Evening Worship Service which we started last week. We’re continuing our overview of the Bible books with Exodus this coming Sunday night.
Here’s a few things/events to note in your diaries:
- Winter Retreat – 7th-9th January 2022. If you haven’t already signed up but would like to, please don’t hesitate to fill out the form on our website: https://www.downhambaptist.org/winter-retreat/
- Don’t worry if you haven’t paid the first deposit, we still have spaces available – you can still pay the deposit now or the whole amount if you’re able to do so.
Thank you all so much for all that you do week in, week out. Let’s continue to serve the Lord through serving one another.